Our real estate team does the legal work for you when you are buying, selling and mortgaging property. We are approved by government relocation programs for military personnel and other government agencies.

What we do

  • We will contact you as soon as we receive the Agreement of Purchase and Sale.
  • We will review your Agreement of Purchase and Sale, obtain a Title Search, and obtain Title Insurance, where applicable.
  • We will notify municipal taxes of the change of ownership.
  • We will prepare the necessary closing documents/mortgage documents and meet with you to sign them.
  • Most importantly, we will be available to answer all your questions.

What you do

Once you have an accepted offer, your role is quite simple. You need to:

Provide our contact information to your real estate agent. Your real estate agent will then forward a copy of the Agreement of Purchase and Sale to our office.

If you do not have a real estate agent, please contact us and forward a copy of the Agreement of Purchase and Sale to our office by fax (613-584-4114) or email Ann Hind, our Law Clerk.


If you are selling a property, the following items must be provided to our law office by fax or by mail or by delivering photocopies (which our reception can make for you at no cost to you) as soon as possible so that we can prepare the file for closing in advance of the closing date:

  1. Details of any existing mortgages, including:
    • Name of mortgage company
    • Address and telephone number
    • Mortgage account reference number (if applicable)
  2. Current year’s property tax bills (including any existing property tax bill and any future bill received prior to closing) as well as details of payments being made by you prior to closing date.
  3. Copy of survey.
  4. Your forwarding address and telephone number after closing your sale.